We partner in the entire journey of the sales organization – from Strategy to Execution – to ensure successful selling at the Point of Sale, consistently.
Successful Selling Framework
|Shopper and Channel||Sources of Growth||Building Blocks|
|Store||Model StoreManaging Relationships||Picture of SuccessCustomer Wiring|
|Distribution Model||Minimizing Cost of Distribution||Layers of Distribution Cost|
|Sales Organization Structure and Competencies||Sales Force Efficiency and Effectiveness||Productivity Span of Control Conversion Rate|
An effective GTM or Go-To-Market can have a significant impact on making sales more productive and ensure that we can realize the full potential from each relevant channel, and maximize shares. With the complexity of the India Trade structure, the right GTM plays a critical role in the journey to maximizing the market share. A GTM strategy is important for success in today’s rapidly changing retail landscape due to:
- Rapid SKU proliferation
- Changing profiles and demands/expectations of retailers
- Competitive scenario and actions
- Costs and productivity needs
Based on shopper insights and the channel mix, we partner in developing the right GTM for organizations. The right GTM solution for a company depends on multiple factors:
- Channel/customer sophistication
- Selling complexity
- Selling and delivery effectiveness
- Merchandising effectiveness
- Cost efficiency
Our approach to building the GTM strategy is founded on three dimensions:
- What to sell?
- Who to sell?
- How to sell?
Process Mapping & Re-engineering
Processes need to change in line with changes in sales strategy and changes in technology. Processes could pertain to Sales Planning, Tracking and Review, Coaching, Trade Promotions, Sales Incentive, Distributor Management, Salesman recruitment, etc. We conduct a complete Process Study to ensure that the processes are fully in sync to enable growth.
Some important questions asked during the Diagnosis phase of the process study are:
- What is the particular process?
- Why is it needed?
- Who is the process owner and process user?
- What tool, if any, are being used in the process?
- Is the process adding value keeping the sales strategy in mind?
These culminate into process SOPs and clear Ways of Working for every person in the sales team with the appropriate tools and norms.
Trade Promotion Evaluation
Trade Promotions are a big part of the cost of sales. Efficient use of this budget releases good money for other uses without adversely affecting the sales growth. Our expert team of data analytics analyses past data and works towards eliminating wastage and stretching the rupee. Some of the areas we have identified are:
- Trade Promotions not resulting in the desired growth
- Trade Promotions on brands/ categories not needed
- Specific designs that are more impactful
- Specific geographies where the promotions have been under-utilized
This has resulted in significant savings for the business.